A teacher at Aisha Shule/W.E.B. DuBois Preparatory Academy has been removed from duty pending an investigation into whether he improperly restrained one of two students who got into a fight on a school playground last week.
Teachers separated the students, but one, a fifth-grader, was inconsolable and went after the other student again, said Hasina Murphy, deputy director of Aisha Shule/W.E.B. DuBois, a public school academy with 250 K-12 students on Detroit's west side.
The student and her mother later alleged that the teacher choked the girl while restraining her, Murphy said.
The mother also filed a report with Detroit police. Spokesman John Roach confirmed police were investigating the matter but declined to comment further...
- Single schools
- Authorizers, clusters, CMOs, EMOs, etc.
- Charter school studies, reports
- Funny business
- The Master Plan
- Gulen charter schools 101 + webinar video
- The Gulen Movement & its schools in the news
- Gulen-linked charter school enrollment in 2014-2015
- List of Gulen-linked charter schools in 2016-2017
Aisha Shule/W.E.B. DuBois Preparatory Academy
TEACHER ACCUSED OF CHOKING, REMOVED FROM DUTY, June 5, 2010, Free Press (Detroit)