A handful of teachers and families turned out at the Jesse Jackson Academy this morning to clean out their classrooms and get their transcripts to take to a new school.
The Houston charter school, which is run by the husband of Democratic state Rep. Alma Allen, was ordered closed Thursday by the Texas Education Agency.
The campus, at 5400 Griggs, must remain closed until it resolves several bookkeeping issues, state officials said. The campus, along with its sister school in Fort Worth that was closed last month, owes the federal government $3.2 million in misappropriated federal grants.
Teachers at the school hadn't gotten paid for about two months…
- Single schools
- Authorizers, clusters, CMOs, EMOs, etc.
- Charter school studies, reports
- Funny business
- The Master Plan
- Gulen charter schools 101 + webinar video
- The Gulen Movement & its schools in the news
- Gulen-linked charter school enrollment in 2014-2015
- List of Gulen-linked charter schools in 2016-2017
- Texas Gulen charter schools 2017-2018
Jesse Jackson Academy
STATE SAYS JESSE JACKSON ACADEMY OWES $3.2 MILLION, December 5, 2008, Houston Chronicle