I've written a lot about Imagine charter schools in Arizona and across the country. Their CEO is an amazingly rich guy, also very conservative, also deeply Christian, who keeps a tight rein on the schools. Imagine Schools has been the subject of all kinds of negative press across the country (and almost no attention in Arizona) for slighting education, bankrupting individual schools by charging huge management fees and exorbitant rent on buildings, and on and on. The one thing you rarely hear about Imagine Schools is that they are superior educationally.
A Channel 12 Phoenix news story covers the firing of Tarah Ausburn, a high school English teacher at Imagine Prep high school in the Phoenix area (I think in Surprise) with nine years experience who was let go for the bumper stickers on her car…
- Single schools
- Authorizers, clusters, CMOs, EMOs, etc.
- Charter school studies, reports
- Funny business
- The Master Plan
- Gulen charter schools 101 + webinar video
- The Gulen Movement & its schools in the news
- Gulen-linked charter school enrollment in 2014-2015
- List of Gulen-linked charter schools in 2016-2017
Imagine Prep High School
TEACHER AT IMAGINE PREP CHARTER IN ARIZONA FIRED FOR BUMPER STICKERS; February 2011; BlogforArizona.com