TAMPA — The principal of one of the county's most prominent charter schools touted her academy's accomplishments Wednesday, saying the Brooks-DeBartolo Collegiate School is not a sinking Titanic…
But it was low Florida Comprehensive Assessment Test scores that forced Swagger and one of the school's founders, former Tampa Bay Bucs linebacker Derrick Brooks, to meet Wednesday with board members…
State law requires districts to give a charter school 90-day notice of its intent to terminate a contract, said board attorney Tom Gonzalez. That's why Brooks-DeBartolo was given an opportunity to plead its case.
The school board is waiting on this year's FCAT scores to determine its next step. Those results are expected to be released next month.
"We'll be on pins and needles," Swagger said. "But we're confident the students will represent us and the district well."…
- Single schools
- Authorizers, clusters, CMOs, EMOs, etc.
- Charter school studies, reports
- Funny business
- The Master Plan
- Gulen charter schools 101 + webinar video
- The Gulen Movement & its schools in the news
- Gulen-linked charter school enrollment in 2014-2015
- List of Gulen-linked charter schools in 2016-2017
Brooks-Debartolo Collegiate School
LEADERS OF HIGH-PROFILE CHARTER SCHOOL MAKE A CASE TO STAY OPEN; May 27, 2010; St. Petersburg Times (FL)