Green Dot Public Schools, a leading charter school operator, is shutting down a campus because of low enrollment, financial pressures and subpar performance, officials confirmed Monday.
The action prompted a daylong student protest Monday at Animo Justice Charter High School, south of downtown Los Angeles…… Students displayed their activist initiative when some 400 -- nearly the entire school -- started a sit-in at 8:45 a.m. in the hallways. Later they took their protest outside the school to 27th Street, which police closed to traffic."We built the school from scratch," Campos said."We chose the name of the school and the colors. And now all of that is being taken away."
- Single schools
- Authorizers, clusters, CMOs, EMOs, etc.
- Charter school studies, reports
- Funny business
- The Master Plan
- Gulen charter schools 101 + webinar video
- The Gulen Movement & its schools in the news
- Gulen-linked charter school enrollment in 2014-2015
- List of Gulen-linked charter schools in 2016-2017
- Texas Gulen charter schools 2017-2018
Animo Justice Charter High School
GREEN DOT TO CLOSE JUSTICE CHARTER HIGH SCHOOL-ADMINISTRATORS SAY LOW ENROLLMENT AT THE L.A. SCHOOL CAUSED FINANCIAL PRESSURES. STUDENTS PROTEST; Los Angeles Times (CA), 3/22/2010