A founder of Boulder's Horizons K-8 Charter School has been arrested on suspicion of theft, forgery and embezzlement based on alleged misrepresentations made to the state's retirement program.
Ann Leslie Kane turned herself in and was arrested Friday. She has bonded out of jail.
Boulder Valley spokesman Briggs Gamblin said Horizon's parent board brought financial concerns to the school district a couple of years ago. The district commissioned an independent audit, which uncovered red flags, he said, and the information was turned over to the Boulder County District Attorney's Office in late 2005…
The possible charges, all felonies,are one count of theft, one count of attempting to influence a public servant, two counts of forgery and one count of embezzlement of public property. All charges relate to allegations that Kane misrepresented her salary, which would allow her to collect more retirement money through the Public Employees Retirement Association, according to a school statement…
- Single schools
- Authorizers, clusters, CMOs, EMOs, etc.
- Charter school studies, reports
- Funny business
- The Master Plan
- Gulen charter schools 101 + webinar video
- The Gulen Movement & its schools in the news
- Gulen-linked charter school enrollment in 2014-2015
- List of Gulen-linked charter schools in 2016-2017
- Texas Gulen charter schools 2017-2018
Horizons K-8 Charter School
HORIZONS CHARTER FOUNDER FACING THEFT, EMBEZZLEMENT CHARGES; November 13, 2007; DailyCamera.com (Boulder, CO)