NAMPA — OWL Charter Academy officials have abandoned plans for a second year and will dissolve the fledgling Nampa school due to an inability to end the year with a balanced budget.
OWL board Chairman Kyle Maschek notified Nampa School District of the decision in a letter dated June 25.
“Due to the budget cuts from the State for this upcoming year we have identified an insurmountable budget shortfall,” Maschek wrote. “Without a balanced budget the school has no opportunity to negotiate on a building lease, leaving Owl Charter without a building in which to operate and the ability to pay back a loan to cover the 2010-2011 budget shortfall.”
Maschek said at the June Nampa School District board meeting the school could end the year with between $70,000 and $105,000 in debt.
- Single schools
- Authorizers, clusters, CMOs, EMOs, etc.
- Charter school studies, reports
- Funny business
- The Master Plan
- Gulen charter schools 101 + webinar video
- The Gulen Movement & its schools in the news
- Gulen-linked charter school enrollment in 2014-2015
- List of Gulen-linked charter schools in 2016-2017
- Texas Gulen charter schools 2017-2018
OWL Charter Academy
“OWL Charter will close.” Idaho Press-Tribune 7/7/11