A former charter school teacher was sentenced to five years in prison and a lifetime of probation Monday in Pima County Superior Court.
Aaron Montoya, 31, was indicted in July 2010 on three counts of sexual conduct with a minor and pleaded guilty to two of those counts last month.
Montoya's now former wife called police after she caught him with a 14-year-old girl at their home, according to court records. The girl told police she'd had sex with Montoya at a hotel three or four times and once at his house.
Montoya taught the girl at Allsport Academy, 6211 E. Speedway, a charter school run by his father.
His father fired him...
- Single schools
- Authorizers, clusters, CMOs, EMOs, etc.
- Charter school studies, reports
- Funny business
- The Master Plan
- Gulen charter schools 101 + webinar video
- The Gulen Movement & its schools in the news
- Gulen-linked charter school enrollment in 2014-2015
- List of Gulen-linked charter schools in 2016-2017
- Texas Gulen charter schools 2017-2018
“5 years for ex Tucson teacher in student-sex case.” Arizona Daily Star, 08/23/2011