A former volunteer at the Guffey Community Charter School turned himself in to the Teller County Sheriff's Office on Aug. 15 on a Park County warrant stemming from allegations that he abused a child in connection with a school trip.
Robert Alfieri, 55, of Florissant, has arrest charges against him for crimes against at-risk juveniles, a class 6 felony, and child abuse and third degree assault, both class 1 misdemeanors...
Becky Minnis, the Fairplay-based Re-2 School District superintendent, who has some degree of authority over the charter school, which is within Re-2, said Alfieri has been a volunteer and his wife taught at the charter school in Guffey.
"His wife was a teacher there, and she has since resigned," Minnis said. "She resigned at the end of the school year."
Alfieri didn't return a phone message seeking comment on the case...
According to the arrest warrant, Alfieri was a volunteer snowboard instructor teaching Guffey Community Charter School students how to snowboard at Ski Cooper...
- Single schools
- Authorizers, clusters, CMOs, EMOs, etc.
- Charter school studies, reports
- Funny business
- The Master Plan
- Gulen charter schools 101 + webinar video
- The Gulen Movement & its schools in the news
- Gulen-linked charter school enrollment in 2014-2015
- List of Gulen-linked charter schools in 2016-2017
- Texas Gulen charter schools 2017-2018
Guffey Community Charter School
"Former Guffey Community Charter School volunteer arrested.” Fairplay Flume (CO), 08/19/2011