A Broward piano teacher has been sentenced to seven years in prison Tuesday after he pleaded guilty to molesting four of his young students.
David Layman, 38, took a plea deal that allowed him to avoid life in prison. He was initially charged with seven counts of molestation.
The piano teacher was arrested almost three years ago after several of his former students accused the man of rubbing their thighs and touching their privates during lessons.
Layman met most of his victims at the Imagine Charter School in Weston where he taught music. He also taught private lessons in the students' home, where much of the improper touching took place.
- Single schools
- Authorizers, clusters, CMOs, EMOs, etc.
- Charter school studies, reports
- Funny business
- The Master Plan
- Gulen charter schools 101 + webinar video
- The Gulen Movement & its schools in the news
- Gulen-linked charter school enrollment in 2014-2015
- List of Gulen-linked charter schools in 2016-2017
Imagine Charter School at Weston
“Piano Teacher Guilty of Molesting Students; David Layman taught at Imagine Charter Schoolin Weston.” NBC Miami (FL), 1/25/2011