Raleigh, N.C. — A former Chatham County charter school teacher charged with sexual exploitation involving computer posted bond Friday morning and will appear in court again May 1, Morrisville police said.
Jason Perkins, 38, stands accused of 10 counts of sexual exploitation of a minor, police said.
Perkins, who taught at the Woods Charter School in northern Chatham County, resigned from his teaching position as a result of the probe.
Digital images of a child under the age of 16 were recovered on Perkins' home computer hard drive, police said.
According to court documents, the photos show a female child engaged in sexual acts alone and with an adult male.
A State Bureau of Investigation source told WRAL that Perkins came under investigation after he solicited an undercover officer online on Feb. 13.
Perkins taught middle and high school students at Woods. Before teaching there, he taught in the school systems of Wake, Cumberland and Carteret counties, the SBI said.
- Single schools
- Authorizers, clusters, CMOs, EMOs, etc.
- Charter school studies, reports
- Funny business
- The Master Plan
- Gulen charter schools 101 + webinar video
- The Gulen Movement & its schools in the news
- Gulen-linked charter school enrollment in 2014-2015
- List of Gulen-linked charter schools in 2016-2017
- Texas Gulen charter schools 2017-2018
Woods Charter School
“Teacher Linked to Child Porn Bonds Out.” WRAL (NC), 4/11/2008