The Pittsburgh school board voted unanimously on Wednesday to pull the plug on Career Connections Charter High School in Lawrenceville.Before the school is shut down, the district will conduct a public hearing followed by a second vote by the board. No date has been set for either follow-up action.The charter school, which is run under the auspices of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Western Pennsylvania, serves about 245 students.If rejected a second time, school officials say they will exercise their option to file an appeal with the state Department of Education...Pittsburgh Public Schools officials say the school, which opened in 1999, has failed to meet expectations."The primary reason was the performance," said Lisa Augustin, a research associate for the district who coordinates its charter review teams. "The team also felt the school does not serve as a model to the district and is not living up to its mission."...
- Single schools
- Authorizers, clusters, CMOs, EMOs, etc.
- Charter school studies, reports
- Funny business
- The Master Plan
- Gulen charter schools 101 + webinar video
- The Gulen Movement & its schools in the news
- Gulen-linked charter school enrollment in 2014-2015
- List of Gulen-linked charter schools in 2016-2017
- Texas Gulen charter schools 2017-2018
Career Connections Charter High School
“Charter school's closure endorsed by Pittsburgh school board.” Pittsburg Tribune-Review (PA), 3/22/2012