A local charter school overpaid an employee $3,333 and committed possible ethics violations, according to the Ohio Auditor’s Office...In one case, the school accepted a bid from a janitorial company even though it was higher than other bids. The company’s owner works for the school and is married to the superintendent. In the other case, the superintendent signed a $17,000 summer contract for her daughter. Both are potential conflicts of interest...Lee said the school has been contracting with the janitorial company for years and has not had any prior issues. But in 2009, The Enquirer reported that the auditor’s office flagged the same janitorial service company contract in 2007, noting the potential conflict of interest.VLT is one of the larger charter schools in the area, serving around 800 students in grades K-12. Its academic rating last year was Continuous Improvement, the third highest of six categories on the Ohio Report Card...
- Single schools
- Authorizers, clusters, CMOs, EMOs, etc.
- Charter school studies, reports
- Funny business
- The Master Plan
- Gulen charter schools 101 + webinar video
- The Gulen Movement & its schools in the news
- Gulen-linked charter school enrollment in 2014-2015
- List of Gulen-linked charter schools in 2016-2017
- Texas Gulen charter schools 2017-2018
VLT (Value Learning and Teaching) Academy
“Audit flags ethics questions at charter school.” Cincinnati Enquirer (OH), 9/11/2012