Cameron Creek Charter won’t be allowed to open in east Charlotte this year, based on accusations that it cut and pasted large parts of its application from another Charlotte proposal.
The N.C. Board of Education voted Thursday to deny that school a charter...The board had granted preliminary approval to 25 schools last year. But Cameron Creek’s application came under scrutiny in February after another would-be charter operator told state officials that the Cameron Creek application appeared to have been copied from hers. In several instances, the other school’s name was left in the Cameron Creek application...Thursday the state board voted not to issue Cameron Creek a charter. Joel Medley, director of the N.C. Office of Charter Schools, said the vote was based on the plagiarized application and on more recent news that one of Cameron Creek’s board members, who is a lawyer, had been disbarred in another state...----------More Information
- Single schools
- Authorizers, clusters, CMOs, EMOs, etc.
- Charter school studies, reports
- Funny business
- The Master Plan
- Gulen charter schools 101 + webinar video
- The Gulen Movement & its schools in the news
- Gulen-linked charter school enrollment in 2014-2015
- List of Gulen-linked charter schools in 2016-2017
- Texas Gulen charter schools 2017-2018
Cameron Creek Charter School (attempt)
“Charlotte charter school can’t open because of plagiarism allegation.” Charlotte Observer (NC), 3/7/2013