Sumter, SC (WLTX) -- Classes continued Monday at a Sumter school with a revoked charter and a restraining order.Now SLED says it is also investigating the school for impropriety.
The South Carolina Charter School District says whatever is going on at the Mary L. Dinkins Charter School is not a recognized function with the state, and it plans to take further action against the school Tuesday...A court cited low test scores and irregularities in its decision to revoke the school's charter.Dinkins-Robinson says the school has since improved and their appeal of the decision allows them to remain open...According to [Clay Eaton with the South Carolina Public Charter School District], the school received no materials for upcoming statewide tests and no funding for the month of March. He says parents should move their students to a recognized school setting...He says the district will head to court Tuesday asking to make their temporary restraining order against the school permanent.
- Single schools
- Authorizers, clusters, CMOs, EMOs, etc.
- Charter school studies, reports
- Funny business
- The Master Plan
- Gulen charter schools 101 + webinar video
- The Gulen Movement & its schools in the news
- Gulen-linked charter school enrollment in 2014-2015
- List of Gulen-linked charter schools in 2016-2017
- Texas Gulen charter schools 2017-2018
Mary L. Dinkins Charter School
“Revoked Charter School Remains Open, SLED Investigating.” WLTX (SC), 3/18/2013