COLUMBIA, SC (WIS) - The Richland One School Board voted three years ago to revoke the charter of the Midlands Math and Business Academy. During the appeals process, the school has been operating without a charter. Now the courts have sided with the district, forcing the school to close next week...
The school is tucked inside an old shopping center with 72 students in grades 4 through 8...The Richland One School Board voted to revoke the school's charter in 2009."There were several violations that included academics as well as some staffing issues," said Richland One Superintendent Percy Mack.Mack says the school did not fulfill the goals set forth in its charter. The district sent in resources to help the school rebound, but Mack says there has not been enough progress...Parents have less than a week to decide on a new school...The district says it will stop all funding to the school next Tuesday March 26. The school does have the right to file another appeal but has not made a decision yet.
- Single schools
- Authorizers, clusters, CMOs, EMOs, etc.
- Charter school studies, reports
- Funny business
- The Master Plan
- Gulen charter schools 101 + webinar video
- The Gulen Movement & its schools in the news
- Gulen-linked charter school enrollment in 2014-2015
- List of Gulen-linked charter schools in 2016-2017
- Texas Gulen charter schools 2017-2018
Midlands Math and Business Academy
“After appeals process, Midlands Math and Business Charter will close.” WIS TV (SC), 3/20/2013