Three parents of current and former students at Sherwood Charter School intend to file a tort claim against the school.In a letter of intent dated March 15, the parents' attorney alleges the school board did not protect students against a fellow student's death threats, threats of sexual assault and violence...
According to the Oregon Department of Education, Sherwood School District and the charter school have not received substantiated complaints since 2008. However, a Sherwood family filed a federal lawsuit against the school district and another family in August 2011 claiming administrators failed to intervene in a bullying case...Keith Halasy, a Sherwood Charter Board member, released a statement that said the school has appropriately handled student safety and discipline issues in contrast to "a mischaracterization of school process in recent news reports."...
- Single schools
- Authorizers, clusters, CMOs, EMOs, etc.
- Charter school studies, reports
- Funny business
- The Master Plan
- Gulen charter schools 101 + webinar video
- The Gulen Movement & its schools in the news
- Gulen-linked charter school enrollment in 2014-2015
- List of Gulen-linked charter schools in 2016-2017
Sherwood Charter School
“Sherwood parents intend to file claim against Sherwood Charter School.” The Oregonian (OR), 3/15/2013