NAMPA — Former Legacy Charter School co-principal and teacher Monika Gangwer said she was fired after she blew the whistle on an effort to jump a student ahead on a post-lottery waiting list.
A lawsuit, filed March 8 in Canyon County, names the school, Harbor School Method creator Rebecca Stallcop and Legacy Charter Board Chairman Bart McKnight.The 21-page lawsuit says Gangwer refused to let the student, known as “Jane Doe,” attend the Legacy kindergarten class, even though Stallcop said the student should be admitted because of an error in the lottery process...According to the lawsuit, Gangwer also had become concerned in early 2012 that Stallcop seemed to operate Legacy, Liberty and Victory charter schools as one, even though each school is a distinct and separate entity.The complaint alleges that Stallcop illegally transferred money and property among the schools, without proper documentation or board approval...
- Single schools
- Authorizers, clusters, CMOs, EMOs, etc.
- Charter school studies, reports
- Funny business
- The Master Plan
- Gulen charter schools 101 + webinar video
- The Gulen Movement & its schools in the news
- Gulen-linked charter school enrollment in 2014-2015
- List of Gulen-linked charter schools in 2016-2017
- Texas Gulen charter schools 2017-2018
Legacy Charter School (Idaho)
“Former Legacy principal: Charter violated procedure.” Idaho Press-Tribune (ID), 3/14/2013