... Dot Clark, the partnership schools coordinator for Pinellas, said that 23 children had been withdrawn from University Prep since the school year started.She interviewed 10 or 11 parents. "There was no one who said they were told to leave," Clark said.
Instead, some parents felt their child was being bullied. Some just wanted to go back to their home schools. Others were concerned that some textbooks had not been purchased yet and were concerned their children were going to fall behind, Clark said...The district is also aware that some of the class sizes at University Prep are too large, with 30 or more students. Clark said she spoke with the principal, who is working to separate some classrooms.
- Single schools
- Authorizers, clusters, CMOs, EMOs, etc.
- Charter school studies, reports
- Funny business
- The Master Plan
- Gulen charter schools 101 + webinar video
- The Gulen Movement & its schools in the news
- Gulen-linked charter school enrollment in 2014-2015
- List of Gulen-linked charter schools in 2016-2017
University Preparatory Academy (Florida)
“Pinellas: Students are leaving new charter school voluntarily.” Tampa Bay Times (FL), 9/11/2013