Two former employees of the Detroit Academy of Arts & Sciences charter school allege in a lawsuit that the school engaged in cheating on standardized tests, staff embezzlement, the downloading of nude photos and fire code violations. Aarmond Atkins, former dean of students for the academy's middle school, and Arnold Boyd, the middle school's in-school suspension director, say they were fired in November when they refused a demand from the principal to place students at desks in a middle school hallway and a utility closet in violation of the city fire code. Both men said they notified the Detroit Fire Department, which subsequently issued a citation to the school.
- Single schools
- Authorizers, clusters, CMOs, EMOs, etc.
- Charter school studies, reports
- Funny business
- The Master Plan
- Gulen charter schools 101 + webinar video
- The Gulen Movement & its schools in the news
- Gulen-linked charter school enrollment in 2014-2015
- List of Gulen-linked charter schools in 2016-2017
Detroit Academy of Arts & Sciences
LAWSUIT ALLEGES MISCONDUCT AT DETROIT CHARTER SCHOOL, Jan 8, 2009, Detroit Free Press (MI)