The family of a former student has filed a lawsuit against the Summit Academy, claiming another student “raped and sexually abused” the boy at the school.
The lawsuit was filed Thursday, Jan. 14 in Montgomery County Common Pleas Court. A similar lawsuit was filed by the family in January 2009, but withdrawn in November. The new lawsuit names the alleged perpetrator and his parents as defendants…
The victim, who now lives in Toledo with his mother, was 10 at the time a rape was reported at the charter school, 1407 E. Third St., in January 2008, according to a police report. The other boy was arrested, according to police records.
The lawsuit complaint states that the victim was “raped and sexually abused” on Jan. 15, 2008 and that the perpetrator “had been involved in allegations of sexual abuse before.”
The complaint also says that the victim had been “raped and sexually assaulted by the same student on numerous other occasions” but “Summit Academy did nothing to prevent such actions.”…
- Single schools
- Authorizers, clusters, CMOs, EMOs, etc.
- Charter school studies, reports
- Funny business
- The Master Plan
- Gulen charter schools 101 + webinar video
- The Gulen Movement & its schools in the news
- Gulen-linked charter school enrollment in 2014-2015
- List of Gulen-linked charter schools in 2016-2017
- Texas Gulen charter schools 2017-2018
Summit Academy - Dayton
SEXUAL ASSAULT CASE LEADS TO LAWSUIT AGAINST CHARTER SCHOOL; January 15, 2010, Dayton Daily News (OH)