Albuquerque Public Schools school board voted Wednesday evening to revoke a charter school's license after an audit showed the principal violated policy by hiring family members.
The audit said Career Academic and Technology Academy Charter School Principal Glee Hare hired her brother and son and said the governing board contracted a deal with another one of her sons.
Attorneys for the Career Academic and Technology Academy charter school defended the hires and said certain nepotism regulations were not in effect at the time of the hires and once those new rules were set in place in 2008, the school took proper action to make sure the hires were legal...
The school is now set to close at the end of the school year, but the school can appeal the decision...
- Single schools
- Authorizers, clusters, CMOs, EMOs, etc.
- Charter school studies, reports
- Funny business
- The Master Plan
- Gulen charter schools 101 + webinar video
- The Gulen Movement & its schools in the news
- Gulen-linked charter school enrollment in 2014-2015
- List of Gulen-linked charter schools in 2016-2017
Career Academic Technical Academy
“APS board revokes charter school's license." KOB.com (NM), 9/21/2011