The leader of a Central Oregon charter school accused of sexually abusing a 15-year-old female student has resigned.The Bulletin said the board of directors of Redmond Proficiency Academy accepted Michael Bremont’s resignation at a meeting Saturday.Bremont, 39, was charged in February with sodomy, attempted rape and sexual abuse. He is scheduled to enter a plea April 9.
The school had put Bremont on paid administrative leave immediately after his Feb. 18 arrest.Before his arrest, Bremont was in final negotiations with the Salem-Keizer School District to open a similar charter high school in Salem this fall...
- Single schools
- Authorizers, clusters, CMOs, EMOs, etc.
- Charter school studies, reports
- Funny business
- The Master Plan
- Gulen charter schools 101 + webinar video
- The Gulen Movement & its schools in the news
- Gulen-linked charter school enrollment in 2014-2015
- List of Gulen-linked charter schools in 2016-2017
- Texas Gulen charter schools 2017-2018
Redmond Proficiency Academy
“Redmond charter school leader accused of sexual abuse resigns. He had been in talks to open similar school in Salem.” Statesman Journal (OR), 3/26/2012