PHOENIX - A Valley charter high school used public funds to pay for and fully furnish a residential home in a neighborhood less than a half a mile from the school.
According to financial documents supplied to the ABC15 Investigators by the Vicki A Romero High School , a Phoenix charter school, the school paid more than $48,681 for upgrades, repairs, and amenities before a salaried school employee moved into the home for several months...
According to Arizona’s new accountability letter-grade standards, the school currently has a “D” rating, demonstrating a below average level of performance.
In an effort to find out how the board was making decisions related to the state aid it receives, the ABC15 Investigators attended the school board’s public meetings and filed a June public records request for documents revealing how specific payments and reimbursements are made to and from employees...
- Single schools
- Authorizers, clusters, CMOs, EMOs, etc.
- Charter school studies, reports
- Funny business
- The Master Plan
- Gulen charter schools 101 + webinar video
- The Gulen Movement & its schools in the news
- Gulen-linked charter school enrollment in 2014-2015
- List of Gulen-linked charter schools in 2016-2017