For several years, [Desert Heights Charter School] had an agreement with Waterhouse Management, owned by a board member of the non-profit school, Richard Waterhouse. From fiscal 2007 through 2011, the firm was paid at least $1 million, according to federal tax returns. In 2009 and again in 2010 and 2011, auditors questioned the transaction, saying the value of the agreement for contracted business services is “not supported by documentation that provides the method and/or rationale for how such fees for services were determined to be fair value.”..... In August 2011, school-board minutes show the board removed Waterhouse as CEO and board member and terminated the business contract “for material breach of contract.”...
- Single schools
- Authorizers, clusters, CMOs, EMOs, etc.
- Charter school studies, reports
- Funny business
- The Master Plan
- Gulen charter schools 101 + webinar video
- The Gulen Movement & its schools in the news
- Gulen-linked charter school enrollment in 2014-2015
- List of Gulen-linked charter schools in 2016-2017
Desert Heights Charter School
“4 charter-school organizations where insiders benefited.” The Arizona Republic, 11/17/2012